With this post, I’m taking a short break from my usual blogging agenda to participate in what appears to be a WordPress tradition where bloggers acknowledge their fellow bloggers with an “award.” And who doesn’t like an award? In the process, my blog gets noticed by more folks and I return the favor by acknowledging other bloggers. I also answer a list of questions that you, dear readers, might find interesting. It’s a moment for you to learn a little more about me.
So, thanks to Charles French at https://charlesfrenchonwordsreadingandwriting.wordpress.com for nominating me for this award. Charles blogs about writing and describes himself as a writer, teacher and husband. He recently graduated from Lehigh University in the USA with a PhD in English literature.
There are rules to this tradition.
* Thank the person who nominated you.
* Answer the questions from the person who has nominated you.
* Nominate some other bloggers for this award.
* Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you have nominated.
* Notify the bloggers you have nominated.
Here are the questions from Charles and my answers:
* What is your favorite book? Eek. This is an unfair question. I have too many favorite books. I can’t possibly answer this. Makes me nervous thinking about trying to choose just one. Sorry, Charles.
* What is one goal you hope to achieve in life? Oh boy. How about raising human consciousness to a level where we no longer function out of fear, but rather out of compassion and love.
Then again, if I had two goals, the second would be getting my seriously curly hair under control.
* What is one thing that can be done on any scale to make the world a better place? Get everyone into therapy to deal with the trauma in their childhoods so they no longer function out of fear, but rather out of compassion and love.
* What is your favorite dessert? Unquestionably, any fruit pie made by my friend Anne.
* What country would you like to visit now? I don’t know. Right now, I need to stay home and focus on my goal of raising human consciousness.
* Do you have a favorite reading place? Yes. Everywhere.
* What is one of your worst fears? Eek. This is an unfair question. I have too many worst fears. I can’t possibly answer this. Makes me nervous thinking about trying to choose just one. Sorry, Charles.
And now to the list of bloggers I’m nominating for the Sunshine Blogger Award. They all write about raising and educating gifted children. I would have more blogs to nominate, there are so many great ones out there, but I haven’t had time to find them as I’m too busy working to control my hair. (and raise human consciousness)
Gail Post at http://giftedchallenges.blogspot.com
Celi Trepanier at http://crushingtallpoppies.com
Questions to my nominees:
1. What is one question that you wish people would ask you?
2. Why did you start blogging and what have you discovered about yourself through the blog?
3. What is something you want to be sure your readers understand about you?
4. What is one thing that can be done to make the world a better place?
OK. That’s that. Thanks again to Charles French for the nomination. (And, to my nominees, you can decide not to follow through on this. I won’t be offended. I know it feels a little bit like a chain letter. But if it would be fun, I look forward to seeing what you have to say.)
To my bloggEEs: What did you think of this post? I feel a little awkward having included it since it’s a little off topic. But I suspect that you’ll find something of interest in the excellent blogs I nominated. And what if you tell us about your favorite blogs (including yours) and give us the links so we can all share the sunshine! Back to our “regular programming” next time.